Gorgeous gifts are a fascinating way of expressing your heartfelt emotions that are crucial to any business related or organizational activity, going beyond achieving professional means and ends. In the current competitive business marketing dynamics, the concept has indeed evolved fast with innovative corporate gifting ideas coming into play.
Following are a few important practical aspects regarding the practice of gift giving:
- Careful selection of gifts based on who is the potential recipient, is extremely important. Give an expensive gift to a high profile or formal client, after your association with him or her is well established. It may send across a wrong message, if done too soon. Sending a card and a nice memento would be more appropriate to establish initial business relations.
- Gifts can be generic in nature and one must always check the company protocol on gifting, as some companies have stringent rules regarding this. A common mistake made is the person’s name often being misspelled; avoid such goof-ups!
- If you have clients whom you happen to gift invariably every year, make it a point to send something different each time so as not to make the gesture look mechanical. This will make a recipient look forward to each year’s gift because of a touch of innovation and surprise involved.
- Gifts are no more regarded as mere fancy objects of ornamental value. They can act as the perfect brand promotion tools if they have the company’s name or logo engraved on them in some way or other, so that the recall value is high. Indeed, a logo is important but it need not be splashed all over the gift, it should be placed strategically.
- When dispatching gifts overseas, check the customs rules, thereby making sure you send the right gift and the receiver does not have to pay any delivery charges or face any other legal hassles.
Corporate gifting is a very popular and effective marketing technique. No surprise, marketing managers allocate certain part of their budget for this activity so as to reap benefits. Besides, it definitely outweighs the expenses incurred.