It always feels so much better and nicer to give than to receive, if you are relish the act of giving yourself. But then there is nothing worse than that act of ripping off colorful fine wrapping paper to unveil some gym socks, a ubiquitous CD box set of any kind or that oh-so-obviously re-circulated scented candles. Well, it can be just enough to make you seek a lump of coal, know why!
Of course, an array of online tools have long been there to let you cobble together a quick list of things that you would love others to gift you.
- As its name suggests, this service indeed acts as a virtual pinboard wherein users can save items that have caught their eye online.
- The site is developed with the basic understanding that surfers in their zigzag across the online realm are constantly stumbling across interesting books, cute trinkets, pieces of furniture, iPad cases and other objects. It lets them save all these items and organize them into specific sets, including holiday wish lists.The service allows users to follow others’ lists to come up with enhanced gift ideas.
- It’s a note-taking service that lets users add tags to the photos and notes they save. Adding a ‘holiday gift’ tag to those items will create a list of desirables.
- It has teamed up with ShopAdvisor that analyzes gift ideas in your account and searches the Web to look for matching products. It sends information about where to find them – online as well as offline.
- HavetoHave allows people to clip and to save products from across the Web and then assemble them into handy shopping lists.
- The website allows members to find and to follow their friends as well as browse through the items that they have saved, either as a way to get gift-giving ideas or as suggestions to add to their own wish lists.
- As a bonus, it has put in place a built-in blue-light-special alert to tell people when an item they have flagged has actually gone on sale.