The year 2011 is almost behind us and 2012 has started! The year gone by had some sad moments and a few memorable milestones. Even as we tend to learn from the history, this is not the time to cling to the past as we wish GOODBYE to a year gone by and say HELLO to the new year. We should all welcome it with a smile on our faces and share our joy through exchanging wishes and gifts. Here are some tips for giving a New Year gift:
1. Do not simply repeat the last year’s gift to the same person. It is a matter of common sense not to repeat previously given gifts or something which other employees have already given as a present.
2. Give something new and innovative: The gift should not be boring and pedestrian. Let there be some surprise element to it. When the receiver unwraps the gift, he or she should exclaim ‘wow!’
3. Give a personalized touch: Give some personalized gifts, like a coffee mug set with a message inscribed on it, which will give it a unique touch and surely draw everyone’s attention. This will involve extra efforts, but the end result will be worth it.
4. Stick to your budget: It is only a misconception that you have to spend a lot of money to get a good gift. Keep your budget in mind and try to get the best possible gift in that range.
5. Play safe if you cannot be innovative. You can opt for online shopping if time is a constraint. Check out for discounts and free shipping offers.
Remember, the whole idea of celebrating the New Year is for the hope and cheer it brings. There’s something special about the New Year gift that just has to instill the spirit for a fresh beginning, which always give us the hope for a better year ahead.